Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Positive tip on negative masking

The bookboard Piccolo accents come in so many shapes and sizes. While fabulous just by themselves, did you know you can get even more mileage from your bookboard sets? Here's a quick tip:

Carefully remove your accent shapes from the bookboard sheet they come in so you have a sheet of negative shapes you can use as a mask!




Rebecca Price
Distress to Impress

Sound fun? Sound Easy? It is, it really really is! You can use your new mask as many times as you like, just allow them to thoroughly dry after use and before storing.

Imagine a plastic baggie full of negatives that you can use anytime on your projects!

Have a look at what I did with the Extra Large Layered Pine Tree once I popped the pieces out of the bookboard sheet.


 


Skip on over to my blog to see how I used this masked paper in a layout.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I saved my book board sheets too. This is such a great idea and gives you even MORE bang for your buck. I love that you used that beautiful green on book print.

apieceoflifespie.com said...

Very cool tip! When I saw your project this week I was obsessed with that idea! Now I know how to do it! Thanks for sharing!

linda-neff.com said...

Good information! Thanks for sharing.

Candy Spiegel said...

Great idea!!!

Art Resurrected said...

I had been saving my sheets as well but had not done anything with them yet. What a great idea. :)