Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Roses Challenge by Guest Designer Michelle McClure

The Project
Hello sweet friends! For this week's challenge, I wanted to alter a frame for my grandmother's 92nd birthday. 


Since the theme is roses and I didn't have a rose stamp, I rolled and twisted a strand of ribbon into a rose. It was very easy, if you'd like further directions, see this tutorial.  I then paired the roses with my Bold Medium Butterfly stamp, and it was a perfect combination. 


The Process
I started by stamping my butterfly stamp onto vellum using white embossing ink and white embossing powder. 



After heating it, I cut out the butterflies and wrapped them with floral wire stamen. 


Using craft paint, I painted in some wispy lines onto my frame. I coated the lines with Mod Podge. I adhered the butterflies and roses with some clear craft glue. I also added some smaller butterflies that are from a punch. I finished with a few pearls. 


I took three of my leftover butterflies and made a matching monochromatic card. I hand wrote the sentiment in Chinese with a white pen. 


If you have a project that you would like to link to this week's roses challenge, please see this post

This is my last project as a guest designer this month. It was a pleasure to work with you all!

Thanks for your support,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial, thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Wow this is so lovely! You are a very talented person!
Sweet Hugs
Denise

~ Kendra ~ said...

Lovely altered frame! love the butterflies!! Beautiful card as well!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the butterflies and ribbon roses on the frame and what a gorgeous card with the white on white it's beautiful. Thank you for guest designing for us this month.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow! So delicate and beautiful. Love it. Thanks for guest designing for us here at SweetStamps.com

rudlis said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks so much for sharing.