Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

He who has the key....

Hiya everyone, Tracy here sharing another of my projects. 

Now as Valentines day is creeping up I decided to spread a little bit of love and make a Vintage style Pendant using one of the awesome Acrylic Craft Charms
I am really happy how this turned out. Here is how I made it...

1. I made my own backing paper (It reads he who holds the key to my heart) and crumpled it up and then distressed it and rubber some gold wax around the edges, this was then glued onto the Bezel

2. I then took one of the hearts from Keys to my Heart Piccolo set and gave it two layers of Ruby Red Slippers Enamel Powder...The below picture shows just how beautiful this Enamel powder is. 


3. I also used one of the keys from Keys to my heart Piccolo Set and used Copper Kettle Enamel Powder...I only gave this one rough layer as I wanted it to have an old look to it



4. I then took Instant UV resin and put a fine layer down and placed the heart and key into it, I then left it on my window sil for a few mins to set, i then gave it another coat and again left on window sil to set....I love this product ! A definite must have, I wanted a old look to this whole thing so was very "rough" with how i applied the resin, I also wanted to create a look like you get with Amber and you have items floating and bubbles etc...I was very wary about doing it but I think it has work just how i pictured it would. 
This picture shows just how fab the shine is on the resin. I simply then added some vintage ribbon to finish it off. 

 Now between me and you I have seen there is some new items over on the website so make sure you check them out.
Also don't forget we have some brilliant inspiration from the rest of the team post regularly so make sure you keep checking back. 
Happy Crafting :) 

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

tracy - this is wonderful.

Angi MakingMayhem said...

So pretty! Love vintage, keys, hearts...your pendant! :) Hmmm...now I'm going to have to get some of this Instant UV Resin...

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome pendent, I love the colors you chose for the enamels, they really did give it an ages look.

Heather said...

Beautiful!!

Heather said...

Beautiful!!