Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Warm Winter Wishes!


When I got my Design Team goodies from Globecraft & Piccolo the very first thing I noticed that one of the embossing enamels, called Mardi Gras, looked like it matched one of the designer cardstocks I had recently used on some holiday cards.  Funny how that happens!  The colors of the Enamels are breathtaking!! After I thoroughly pawed through my goodies (and set aside some items that were a bit too cold to use – the 3D Enamel Gels were almost frozen solid!) I pulled out a scrap piece of the Basic Grey cardstock called Figaro.  Sure enough, even under my Ott light, the enamel looked to be a complimentary color.  And although the holidays are over, winter certainly isn’t, and that is what prompted this card.

Here is the finished card.  I love the colors!!
 What I used to make the card:
First thing I did was stamp the “Warm Winter Wishes” stamp on some white cardstock using the Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid. I was a bit skeptical about this delivery system but I found it much easier to use than an embossing ink pad & it delivers the perfect amount of embossing ink – just don’t squeeze the bottle!  I sprinkled the Mardi Gras Embossing Enamel onto the sentiment and heated until it was embossed.  The Embossing Enamel is a fairly thick powder and I wanted to ensure that it was able to catch the beautiful calligraphy that Quietfire stamps are known for.  I think it came out perfect.  Then I stamped the Small Snow Pine stamp, using the Jet Black ink, on another piece of white cardstock and added some color to the tree with Distress Markers in Frayed Burlap & Forest Moss.  I wanted to emboss on the tree only where the snow would be, so I used a small paint brush and painted the embossing ink onto the areas of the tree where I wanted the enamel to stick. Once that was done, I poured the Mardi Gras Embossing Enamel onto the tree, tapped off the excess and embossed.  I cut the tree out kind of loosely – I don’t think I would have been able to fussy cut this image – and attached it to the Basic Grey paper.  Then I adhered my sentiment and finally, all that went onto the card base.  It’s difficult to get a good picture of how the colors match due to the shininess of the Enamel, but I hope you can see how well this card coordinates.

Here is a close up of that luscious Mardi Gras Embossing Enamel
Look for more wintry posts in the coming weeks!

Thank you & I'll see you soon - I have a bunch of different creations cooking right now :)  Christi

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

Beautiful. It looks like a real forest pine. My favorite. I did not get the mardi gras, but I fully intend to "collect them all" .

maggiegracecreates said...

Beautiful. It looks like a real forest pine. My favorite. I did not get the mardi gras, but I fully intend to "collect them all" .

Calypso's Crafts said...

That is one of my favorite colors!!! It looks beautiful on the tree and matches the PP perfectly too!! Beautifully done.

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous...I need some of that powder !! xxx

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful card, I love how you used the enamel adhesive and enamel powder for the sentiment and that color really does compliment that card stock.