Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Recycling

For the Anything but a Card challenge this week, I altered some Napkin Rings- I bought them at a resale shop for $1.00.


 I started with sanding the napkin rings, placing them in tubes made from cardboard toilet paper tubes covered with wax paper.
 I primed the rings with Gesso, then dabbed on Broken China ink with a paintbrush. Next, I daubered on Mustard Seed and Forget me Not inks, and added a bit of glitz with Inka Gold. (I painted on the Inka Gold).

 While that dried, I embossed the dragonflies with Enamel EP- Brownstone in the centers and Girls Night Out on the wings.  I filled 2 of the wings with Crystal effects, then sprinkled on Sugar Sand. The other 2, I used Stickles Glitter Glue and sprinkled on Sugar Sand.
 So, the glitter glue shrunk and left holes in the middles of some of the wings, so I added Crystal effects to the open areas. I added the liquids to the wings on the craft mat and let them dry overnight. Where the holes were from the glue shrinking, I added Crystal Effects and let it dry.  Finally, I added Inka Gold 'Yellow.Green' on the top- painted on with a fine paintbrush.

Products from the SweetStamps Store:

3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

these are cute cute cute

Donna K said...

So wonderful, Shelly!!! I love recycled items, this is so awesome. Those enamel dragonflies are spectacular!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a cute idea for the napkins rings, I love the added dragonflies.