Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

Pretty Tree Piccolo | Enamel Powder

Good Morning crafty peeps!!  Britt Bass here from Pink Paper Crowns!

I'm here today bringing you a pretty little shaker card using a beautiful range of products from the Piccolo line.

When I first saw this pretty floral tree image I knew I wanted to use the Piccolo Enamel Powders to add color and dimension to the shape.



I used the Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive and covered the entire outside edge and several of the flowers with the adhesive liquid.  I applied Shamrock Dreams Enamel Powder and heat set it.  I repeated that method with Mardi Gras Enamel Powder and Copper Kettle Enamel Powder to cover the rest of the tree.  I finished the tree with dots of metallic pearl paint around the edges - and set it aside to dry.



I die cut an A2 sized frame out of brown glitter cardstock and layered in on top of the soft brown snowflake paper.  After the tree was completely dry, I used it to trace a window in the middle of the snowflake paper, cut it out and fit the tree into the window.

I attached clear transparency to the back of the piece, making sure to cover all the little openings in the tree, and then used foam adhesive to create a well for my shaker.  

I filled the shaker with brown seed beads from my stash and Sugar Beads from the Sweet Stamps store.  (I wish I had used a few sequins or confetti to make the shaker a little more obvious, but there's always next time!)  Lastly, I adhered the whole front piece to an A2 cardbase and added a brown satin bow!

I had SUCH fun working with these products and I can't wait to break out my Piccolos again!  Take a look at the Sweet Stamps store for tons of pretty and intricate shapes like this!

Have a wonderful weekend queenies!
Later!

3 comments:

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Oh my, that is sooooo pretty! Love the bow at the bottom and the different enamel powders look gorgeous on the tree!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome how you used the floral tree for the shaker and love the colors you chose, it's gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

The tree looks awesome!